Friday, October 31, 2014

What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey


Rating: 

From October 24th through October 25th, I won free tickets to be of Oprah's "Life That You Want" Weekend. It was a two day seminar featuring Oprah, Deepak Chopra, Elizabeth Gilbert, Rob Bell, and Iyanla Vanzant and it utterly life changing. I cannot even begin to describe how they helped refueled passion into my life and gave me the set of tools to how to figure out what I need to do in my life and how to find inner peace and happiness within myself. I truly needed that motivational speech and as I was getting closer to the ending of the event, I decided to pick up three books including this particular book. I've heard for a few months that this book was out already and I figured that I would somehow get this book and thank God that I waited to purchase this book!

Before I begin talking about this book, I have to say that this is not a memoir of personal information about Oprah. What she did is in her O Magazine, she does this column called "What I Know For Sure", and in that column she gives insight about topics that she knows for sure is accurate and can impact your life. It can range anywhere from Love, and Courage to Power and Faith. So she got those columns and made them into chapters or individual topics. I can see the major confusion as to why people bought this book and wanted that clarity.

I admire Oprah, for who she is, what she believes, and in many ways I find that we share the same beliefs when it comes to Love, God, and the Soul. Obviously she has lived longer than me and has more wisdom, and it is fascinated to find someone who I can relate to in terms of how to become a better person. She took on an adventure and revealed inner truths about the world or people and it opened up major discussions that can definitely benefit my life.

Whether you are an obsessed Oprah fanatic or someone who wants to self improve themselves, this is definitely the book that you should consider reading. I felt as though this book could be a daily insight to enlighten yourself. One of my favorite quotes from this book is Oprah's own mantra when it comes to living her life and following her dreams.

"A transformation of consciousness that allows me to know that I am no better or worst than any other being. That I simply am." 

Overall it is going to be a book that I will keep for the rest of life and will most likely be reading it repeated to learn new messages and ideas when it comes to my life. I really suggest for many to get the audiobook because Oprah narrates the book and I can guarantee that will have more impact to this book. There is not enough words in the world to describe how much I enjoyed this book and how grateful I am to have this in my private collection. Thank you Oprah for everything that you do for the world and making it a better place!

No comments:

Post a Comment