Monday, August 19, 2013

Joyland by Stephen King


My Rating: 5 Stars

This is official my first readthrough of one of Stephen King's novels. I have to admit that he is a great author. Especially the way he takes you to his world and makes you feel as if you've known the characters all your life. This book surely has an eye-catching assiduity for crime, love, and life awakenings when it comes to the characters. My favorite character was this little boy named Mike and how he had his innocence intact while acknowledging that he suffers from Muscular Dystrophy

This book is about an 21 year old boy name Devin Jones, who is clueless in life but gets hired in the summer at an Amusement park called Joyland, located in Heaven's Bay, North Carolina. While working, he is recuperating from a breakup and gets to know new acquaintances/co-workers, and city locals. In Heaven's Bay, he learns about a girl name Linda Gray who was murdered inside the Haunted House and no one has been able to solve whose Linda's killer. 

Once Devin learns about this mystery it is up to him and a boy to solve the murder. Sadly I have to admit that Stephen King failed on keeping the killer's identity hidden because by the time I was almost at 100 pages, I already figured out who the killer was but the nonetheless it had an satisfying plot and wonderful characters. I look forward for his other works and hopefully see this book on the big screens someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment