Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Sister's Annoying Signature Song?

Today's topic is going to be a hilarious one I may add in regards to what the question is about. A song that reminds you of someone? This is currently the simplest choice for me because I thought of my sister.

My sister a few years back went on rampage of downloading songs from every artist known to demand. I do not know if she accomplished it or not but she was watching either "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days" or "Gilmore Girls" when she was bestowed upon this irritating song...

1. "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon

I have to admit that Carly Simon is great songwriter even though I haven't immerse myself with her music. She is definitely part of the 70s and defined it with her songwriting. She was married to one of my favorite singer/songwriters James Taylor. He has such a beautiful voice and I love his music.

I do not like this song but my sister is obsessed with it, and whenever she sings this song everyone is like are you okay? Even her boyfriend gives her that look like is she sane or going mental? I love her anyways and the great thing about it is everyone has their go to song and have their unique taste of music. 

This song actually has sold millions and made Carly Simon's career. She was nominated for a Grammy for this song but won for Best New Artist. This song has been surfacing around the world since 1972 and till this day no one has figured out who is the true person of this song. Some speculated that its Mick Jagger, or 3 famous L.A men, Warren Beatty, David Bowie, and Nick Nolte. Some guess its no one famous, some think it was her ex-husband James Taylor and I wish she would put the rumours to rest.

She revealed the identity to only one person for charity in which the highest bidder who get a private room with her and she would perform a concert and tell the bidder who the person is about. At the end of the day its your song and you can do whatever you want but its not the 70s anymore and Carly Simon's career is not in her prime anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment