Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree by Robert E. Barry


Rating: ★ 

I have never heard of this Christmas book in my life until now and I am surprised how this is a classic and they even made a Christmas TV Special featuring the Muppets. I believe this classic should be read because I loved every moment of it from the illustrations to the craziness of the story.

Mr. Willowby's is getting ready for the arrival of his Christmas tree and when it arrives it is utterly marvelous in appearance and right for the occasion. Unfortunately the tree is too tall to fit inside the house so Mr. Willowby cuts off the top and throws it away. As the famous expression, "One man's trash is another man's treasure" truly takes to heart we see different people and animals deal with the same dilemma with the same piece of tree that Willowby cut. In the end you are wondering when will this constant drama end and I am happy to say that the ending was cute and simple.

I do not want to go more into the details of the book but I found it such a great read and put me in the mood of Christmas and the realization that nothing no matter how small is trash. I highly recommend this book for children or for the parents to read them this story because it such a heart warm and a true Christmas book. I haven't seen it yet but this was adapted in the 1990s with the Muppets and other iconic actors such as Robert Downey Jr. so I included the television adaptation down below! Enjoy!

Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
 

No comments:

Post a Comment