Saturday, April 9, 2016

Boot & Shoe by Marla Frazee


Rating: 


How I felt about this story? Meh.

This book is too predictable even for a little kid and the constant repetition did not help the fact that I felt as though the author simply copy and paste their writing and created a story about two dogs who looks like cats and how one squirrel stirred things up and knock them out of their usual orbit. The author literally used the same line twice when talking about the dogs and within a few pages I figured the ending out and I guarantee you children across the world will predict the ending too soon.

Why do I rate it 4 Stars and not 3? 

Good question I'll get back to you in a few years from now. In all honesty I have to admit that I really enjoyed the illustrations even though the dogs look like cats for some apparent odd reason. While the plot was predictable I still enjoyed the story even though it took me a less than 5 to finish it. Obviously picture books are extremely short and usually I can tell when a picture book is phenomenal is when the illustration and the plot gather my attention and while the plot was meh, the illustrations are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment