Saturday, August 13, 2016

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch


Rating: 

Before I begin can I just mention how creepy I found this book to be knowing the true story behind the creation of this book? I read an article somewhere about facts that most people do not know when it comes to children books and I discovered that this author's wife gave birth twice with stillborns and the main song of the story came into his head as he thought of these poor innocent babies. I cannot begin to imagine how hard it was to find out all these months that you gave birth to a dead child.

This book deals with how a parents love is unconditional and unlimited. We see a mother tell her son that she loves him with every fiber of her being and we see the circle of life. It's a beautiful story and I wished it had ended right after her child was married because it's awkward that a old lady drives in the middle of the night to her son's house and carries him like a baby and rock him to sleep while singing a lullaby. 

I do not know about you but I've never heard of a grown man being woken up by his mother and letting him be cradled like a baby. Never seen it and I hope I never will. I actually contemplated as to whether this book deserves 5 stars because the last few pages ruined the book if I am being honest but in the end I believe it's still a good book. I'm a complete sucker when it comes to these types of books especially dealing with a mother because I worship my mom for all the sacrifices she makes and get pissed off when I see other people mistreat their mothers. 

This book is meant for little kids because if your child is almost a pre-teen it could get awkward explaining the whole man acting like a baby scenario in the book. Overall I enjoyed the book and the illustrations were not bad and if you look up online you can find out the correct way of singing the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment