Saturday, August 13, 2016

Madeline's Rescue by Ludwig Bemelman


Rating: 

I will admit that whenever I encounter a book regardless whether it's meant for adults or for children, if you feature a dog in the plot I am automatically biased and will love it and rate it 5 stars. You are now warned! :P

When it comes to the Madeline series I believe if you are a fan of the books or the television show, I highly recommend reading the entire series back-to-back because it is both entertaining and if you prolonged reading the series then the magic from the first book makes the other books to be subpar and bland.

In this book we meet Madeline again with his fellow classmates as they are exploring the city of Paris until one day she falls of the bridge and almost drowned. Luckily a dog nearby was able to rescue her and immediately they become good pals. Unfortunately she has to give the dog away because the founders who donate their money to provide this boarding school to function want no pets in the house so they release the dog.

Madeline and the gang are utterly heartbroken and decide to go find the dog. They explore all of Paris and sadly are not able to find her. Until that same night the dog returns and seek shelter because she is pregnant about to give birth. So now all the girls have a puppy and they live happily ever after.

I do not know if I have mentioned it before but I have a beautiful German Shepard puppy who is the light of my world. She makes me happy every day when I get to see her and she means the world to me. Because of that I am automatically a softy when it comes to animals let alone dogs. I would be heart broken if my dog went missing or if we have to give her up so I could resonate strongly with Madeline and I believe children who have pets could relate and feel the same emotions throughout reading this book.

I love Madeline and I feel meh about this series because I could have read the entire series within a hour and instead I have had the complete collection from the library and I need to finish the book already. I believe because of these reasons I do not feel excited when picking up the next book in the installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment