Saturday, August 13, 2016

Kofi and His Magic by Maya Angelou


Rating: 

Maya Angelou missed her mark with this book. I'm sorry to say it but these photographs either did not have a strong story to tell or the passion of writing this book was not fully committed. She incorporated the same experiment of making a story out of the photographs and I was disappointed. I was expecting more out of the story and character development but I didn't get anything in return.

I love that Maya Angelou wanted to incorporate African culture whether it be the different cultural lifestyle, the beautiful costumes, or how as a community they make beautiful art whether it be music, storytelling, or other. We need diverse books for children especially how ill informed are we when it comes to Africans and what is daily life for them in the 21st century. 

Once again the photographs are spectacular but it couldn't help the story or making me raise it from 3 stars to 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment